Cookies and similar techniques
Please also see Eckerö Linjen’s Integrity Policy concerning handling of your personal data.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing information that are downloaded to or stored on the user’s computer or other device used to access our website. These are placed by Eckerö Linjen or one of our partners, and saved on your device. Cookies are used to make websites function more effectively by e.g. simplifying log-in and in order to give certain information to the owner concerning how the website is used.
Which types of cookies and similar techniques does Eckerö Linjen use?
We use various different cookies:
• Session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are deleted when you close your web browser or app. We use session cookies to, among other things, determine which language you have selected.
• Permanent cookies, i.e. cookies that remain on your computer until you remove them, or they expire. How long a permanent cookie is stored depends on the specific cookie’s lifetime and the settings in your web browser. We use permanent cookies to, among other things, make it easier to log in.
• First-party cookies are cookies we have added to the website that you visit, i.e. Eckerö Linjen.
• Third-party cookies are cookies added by another party. These cookies may be used by the third party to track your browsing pattern between different websites, or to view your web history, e.g. for statistical purposes.
• Necessary cookies, i.e. cookies required to be able to offer our basic services, e.g. log-in. Our services would not be able to function without these cookies.
• Analysis cookies that provide overall analytical information concerning your use of our services. Our services would not function properly without these cookies.
• Function cookies that enable us to save such settings as the language chosen, or whether to pre-complete your personal details or not. Without these types of cookies, we would not be able to customise our services to your requirements. These cookies are important, since a fundamental aspect of our service is that you experience them to be as simple and flexible as possible.
• Security cookies to keep our services and your data safe and secure, by helping us to discover fraud and protect your data. These cookies are an important part of our services.
Your web browser or device usually allows you to change the settings for the use and extent of cookies. Go to your web browser or device settings to learn more about adjusting cookies settings. You can e.g. set your web browser to automatically refuse to save cookies, or to get information whenever a website requests to save cookies. Previously saved cookies can also be deleted via the web browser. See the web browser’s help pages for more information.
Remember that some of our services will not function as well, or will not function at all, if you block or delete cookies.
Eckerö Linjen may update this policy by publishing changes on our website. If we need your consent, we will request this the next time you visit the website. Date of the last amendment is 2018-07-05.
Eckerö Linjen AB, org. no. 516403 -8837
Postal address: Skatuddsvägen 10, SE-764 56 Grisslehamn
Address for visitors: Skatuddsvägen 10, SE-764 56 Grisslehamn
E-mail: [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto: email@example.com)
Tel. no.: (+46) (0)175-258 00